Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Kwanzaa

This is IT. The year I start celebrating Kwanzaa with MY family. As a teacher I have taught and introduced the principles of Kwanzaa for years and have always hoped to incorporate it into my families traditions and now prayerfully is the time. It is a challenge with ds being sick. Dd also seems to be coming down with something as well (boo hoo). Umoja (unity) is the first principle although there are times when simply do not feel unified in my parenting. My dh and I seem to have this misunderstanding/miscommunication when it comes to (quite a few things) but screen time in particular. I am really trying to honor the idea of limiting (actually eliminating) screen time from a young child's life until they are at least 6 years old (no longer in the absorbent mind). I'd like to think this is done with thoughtful and good reasoning. I try to be flexible but for the most part am anti screen time. I really have gotten to the point where I am rarely on my computer when the children are awake. The cell phone is still a challenge but I am doing pretty well. Anyway I am dreading having to sit down and have yet another conversation about all this I am a broken record but his follow through leaves much to be desired.

My head is too tired to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment